Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 3)

Coastal Stage

Coastal Stage

Coastal Stage Productions Presents Things My Mother Taught Me- A clever comedy about moving on! on May 12-14, 2017 at The Shed Event Venue, 809 Paris Avenue, Port Royal, SC…

News Briefs

News Briefs

North Lemacks project moves forward, demolition to begin Walterboro officials are now seeking bids to demolish structures on 22 parcels of land within the city limits. This demolition, and the…

Are You Up for the Challenge?

Are You Up for the Challenge?

By Brian Benton If you are a kayaker or water enthusiast, it’s that time of year again. The Lowcountry River Rats are hosting the Challenge and the Excursion from April…

An April Rattle Snake Strikes My Hunting Dog

An April Rattle Snake Strikes My Hunting Dog

The warm winter has created some challenges for those who like to spend time in the outdoors, with an extended allergy season likely the cause with the broadest range of…

Students Send Anti-Abuse Message

Students Send Anti-Abuse Message

A small group of students at Colleton County High School gathered together last week to release balloons in honor of child abuse awareness month, a time statewide when people work…

City Budget Includes Waterfall Improvements, Inspection Changes

City Budget Includes Waterfall Improvements, Inspection Changes

By Heather Walters Walterboro residents will not likely see a tax increase in the coming year, but residents will see a few changes, from improvements at the downtown waterfall to…

Cottageville Kids Get Walking Track

This week, Cottageville Elementary School added a community walking track sign with information about days and times the track will be open. “Our bus loop has been used as a…

Shipped With Love

Shipped With Love

As a spouse of a service member, Kimberly Burden, understands the hardships that occur when a spouse deploys. This is the second time that National Guard Sgt. Corey Burden has…

Arts Event to Feature 800-plus Students

Arts Event to Feature 800-plus Students

The annual Arts Extravaganza at Colleton County High School is doubling its exhibit space this year, offering guests more access to local student artwork in new medians. The event is…

Walterboro Running Club Runs the Bridge

Walterboro Running Club Runs the Bridge

By Cokeitha Gaddist On Saturday, April 1 over 40,000 runners and walkers set out to tackle the Copper River Bridge Run including some of our very own runners Walterboro and…