Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 3)

Former Smoaks mayor elected as sole candidate seeking the job

A former mayor in the Town of Smoaks has been automatically re-elected to the town’s top seat, as he is the only candidate for filed for the office by the…

Lowcountry Regional Airport Open House

Lowcountry Regional Airport Open House

The Lowcountry Regional Airport in Walterboro celebrated South Carolina Aviation Week with an open house at the Walterboro-based airport. The open house was held on Tuesday, and featured appearances by…

CCHAPS to celebrate 50th Anniversary of Going to the Moon

CCHAPS to celebrate 50th Anniversary of Going to the Moon

By Christie Slocum There are certain milestones in American History that folks will never forget where they were when the event took place. One would say when the astronauts aboard…

Pick Me SC reaches statewide goal

Pick Me SC reaches statewide goal

By Christie Slocum Shelters and rescues across the state of South Carolina participated in the second annual “Pick Me! SC” statewide event. 1,556 animals found homes across the state, and…

Brown leaves the ‘Boro to run with the bulls

Brown leaves the ‘Boro to run  with the bulls

By Heather Walters A Walterboro business owner has made his lifelong dream come true by running with the bulls in the famous Spanish festival. Carl Brown recently returned to Walterboro…

Pick Me SC to be held July 12-14

Pick Me SC to be held July 12-14

Animal shelters and rescues across South Carolina are coming together to hold an awesome statewide adoption event July 12-14, 2019. This massive lifesaving mission is sponsored by Petco Foundation and…

Bridge dedicated in memory of former Green Pond healer, Molly Graham

Bridge dedicated in memory of former Green Pond healer, Molly Graham

A group of Colleton residents called the “Descendants of Molly Graham” met last week in a parade, followed by the dedication of a memorial bridge in Graham’s honor. Graham and…

Summer months bring extra patrols to waterways

Summer months bring extra  patrols to waterways

The Colleton County Sheriff’s Office is now working its additional summer patrols, which include increased monitoring of the county’s boat landings, rivers and Edisto Beach. During the summer months, additional…

Parents are reminded of warning signs regarding sexual predators

Parents are reminded of warning signs regarding sexual predators

Colleton County officials are continuously working to manage registered sex offenders throughout the county and are reminding parents of tips to look for in keeping their children safe from sexual…

American Ninja Warrior kicks summer reading into full gear

American Ninja Warrior kicks summer reading into full gear

The Children’s Department at the Colleton County Memorial Library had a jumping good time at their summer reading kick-off party this past week. American Ninja Warrior personality Kyle K’otic Johnson…