Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 225)

Say “YES” to one-cent sales tax referendum

Say “YES” to one-cent sales tax referendum

We should not allow our frustration to say “No” to everything on the upcoming Nov. 4th general election ballot. Colleton County voters are soon facing a lot of tough decisions.…

Two different referendums, one big question

Two different referendums, one big question

The questions are coming in: what is the difference between the Colleton County School District referendum on the upcoming Nov. 4th general election ballot and the additional one-cent countywide sales…

MUSC program offers breast reconstruction for survivors

MUSC program offers breast reconstruction for survivors

Having a breast removed as a result of breast cancer is no longer the end of the road for healing. For many patients, it’s the start of breast reconstruction, a…

Find yourself a workout buddy or partner

Find yourself a workout buddy or partner

When it comes to working out you don’t have to do it alone. For many of us, the primary reason we do not workout is because we are not motivated.…

Breast Cancer awareness month

Breast Cancer awareness month

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Over the course of October, I will be sharing tips on establishing your own EDP (Early Detection Plan), signs and symptoms of breast cancer,…

Polished Pretty: Local seniors get manicures by area cosmetic students

Polished Pretty: Local seniors get manicures by area cosmetic students

A group of cosmetology students are making some of the county’s seniors feel a little better about themselves, all with some tender, love and care and bright red nail polish.…

Communities Come Together

Due to a tragic fire on August 5, 2014, a long time existing business known throughout the Lowcountry as East of Eden in Yemassee, SC was distroyed. The…

“SHANIYAH BURDEN MEMORIAL PARK” “ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY”

“SHANIYAH BURDEN MEMORIAL PARK” “ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY”

Several concerned citizens and students of the Department of Juvenile Justice’s Job Readiness for Teens program (JRT) wanted to remember the victims of a 2009 shooting by re-naming a community…

Get to Jesus

Get to Jesus

There are very few shortcuts to get to where God wants us to be. Too often we have to go through some things to get to where God wants us…

What every sport fan needs to hear

What every sport fan needs to hear

Anyone who really knows me has seen my passion for college football. I can rattle off statistics that most don’t care about. I can’t wait for Saturdays. I love to…