Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 223)

Former local publisher starts new paper in Illinois

Former local publisher starts new paper in Illinois

One of Walterboro’s former newspaper men has created a new Midwestern product, tipping his hat toward the Colleton community by including some of a local name in his new paper.…

I am your Colletonian

I am your Colletonian

Editors note: This is a weekly series in which we will bring you the stories behind the faces that you see every day in our community. Everyone has a story,…

Diseases most common in women

Diseases most common in women

Many diseases affect both women and men alike but some diseases occur in women at a higher rate. For example, gallstones are three to four times more common in women…

Take extra precautions during flu season’s peak

Take extra precautions during flu season’s peak

Colleton promotes prevention, so its physicians highly encourage their patients to get vaccinated against the flu. Flu vaccinations are recommended for almost everyone except children under 6 months of age,…

MoPar Car Club of Charleston

MoPar Car Club of Charleston

Recently the MoPar Car Club of Charleston had an open car show in the field behind the Ladson Flea Market. The manager of the flea market picked his favorite of…

Divas of the Lowcounty Steppin’

Divas of the Lowcounty Steppin’

Lakeethia Smalls is the CEO/Founder of Distinguished Divas of the Lowcountry. In her own words she says struggling with my own weight, I set out to start a walking/running group…

Edgewood Baptist Preschool holds tupperware fundraiser

Edgewood Baptist Preschool holds tupperware fundraiser

Students at Edgewood Baptist Preschool recently held their annual Tupperware Fundraiser and earned a profit of $2,440! For their awards, students received participation gifts, trophies and were treated to an…

God’s Plan

God’s Plan

It’s easy to believe in God when everything is great. But what happens when the doctor doesn’t give a clean bill of health or the child that you have been…

Life lessons from Peyton Manning

Life lessons from Peyton Manning

Sunday night, millions watched quarterback Peyton Manning break Brett Favre’s record for the most touchdown passes all time in NFL history. I know some of you reading this could care…

Red Cross trying to boost local business involvement

The Colleton County chapter of the American Red Cross is trying to change the way people look at its mission by boosting its volunteer base and how it affects the…