Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 223)

How to bring the community together in Harmony

How to bring the community together in Harmony

By Ahnika Alston In order to bring the community together in harmony we have to accept diversity, bring attention to the contribution of others, and recognize that we all may…

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease

Now that football season has returned and tailgating, whether at the stadium, or on your own back porch waiting to watch the game on TV, many of you will find…

Walker walks to accomplish a life-long goal

Walker walks to accomplish a life-long goal

For many of us walking is something we do to move from one place to the next. For others it’s a great exercise that most folks enjoy to stay healthy…

Holding on to Heaven

Holding on to Heaven

Why do good folks suffer? God want us to know that this world is full of trouble. But just because the world is full of trouble, you don’t have to…

When you just don’t know?

When you just don’t know?

I have missed over 3 ½ months of work since early March. After trying to catch a lady who passed out when grieving for her brother, I’ve really never been…

I am your Colletonian

I am your Colletonian

Editors note: This is a weekly series in which we will bring you the stories behind the faces that you see every day in our community. Everyone has a story,…

Remembering 9/11

Remembering 9/11

The Groves family put together a 5,000 piece 9/11 memorial puzzle years ago. Today a day of remembering, they stopped by The Colletonian to share their family memorial with…

Local postal employee honored

Local postal employee honored

Walterboro Post Office Supervisor, Customer Services Sherrie White was recognized at the Walterboro Post Office Thursday morning for exemplary performance and always going above and beyond the call of duty.…

When a baby is on the way

When a baby is on the way

When a baby is on the way, it’s great to know Colleton County residents have a terrific childbirth option close by. Colleton Medical Center, which recently celebrated its 30th anniversary,…

Rules of the road for runners

Rules of the road for runners

Autumn is upon us and the changing weather makes it a terrific time to get outside and start running. But first you should know the rules of the road for…