Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 222)

Why Hospice Care is important to consider

Why Hospice Care is important to consider

In the circle of life there are two things that we know for sure, life begins and it will eventually end. The mystery is we don’t know when our life…

Eight local children now waiting for adoption, web site showcases faces

The smiling and hopeful faces of Lowcountry children waiting to be adopted into their forever home move slowly across the screen, creating a steady stream of children to choose from.…

I am your Colletonian….and I am thankful

Editors note: The weekly “I am your Colletonian” is being changed during the month of November to focus on our neighbors who are particularly thankful during this Thanksgiving season. We…

Couple celebrates 70th anniversary

Couple celebrates 70th anniversary

Harold and Marianne sat side-by-side in their wheelchairs on Saturday, holding hands with Marianne occasionally standing to kiss her husband on the cheek. The two celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary,…

Colleton County Emergency Response Team Training

Recently new members of the Colleton County Emergency Response Team (CERT) completed their 20 hours of training with a fire suppression course. Using ABC Fire extinguishers, the CERT members: Ja’jaun…

Editors note: The weekly “I am your Colletonian” is being changed during the month of November to focus on our neighbors who are particularly thankful during this Thanksgiving season. We…

I am your Colletonian … and I am thankful

I am your Colletonian … and I am thankful

Editors note: This is a weekly series in which we will bring you the stories behind the faces that you see every day in our community. Everyone has a story,…

Know the facts about EBOLA

Know the facts about EBOLA

Ebola is a rare but deadly disease. It is extremely infectious but not contagious. One of the biggest misconceptions is that Ebola is a contagious disease. It is not contagious…

Women’s Health Day 2014

Women’s Health Day 2014

Women’s Health Day was a huge success with over 200 women in attendance. The Ladies had an opportunity to have their blood pressure and blood sugar checked as well as…

“Till Death Do Us Part”

“Till Death Do Us Part”

When couples get married and take their vows they never imagine having to face the day that they would lose their spouse. Many couples share their lives together for many…