Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 221)

Don’t forget to tip: a holiday tipping guide

Don’t forget to tip: a holiday tipping guide

We all remember our family and friends during the holidays when buying Christmas gifts but how many of us remember to thank those who take care of us all year…

Local Boy Scouts of America Troops deliver lap blankets to Veterans

Local Boy Scouts of America Troops deliver lap blankets to Veterans

By Blaine Colson Scoutmaster, Troop 686 Boy Scouts of America On Monday, December 8, 2014, our local Boy Scouts of America Troop 686 and Troop 646, along with The Cub…

Benton Family Reunion

I am your Colletonian….Shakera Nesmith

I am your Colletonian….Shakera Nesmith

Editors note: This is a weekly series in which we will bring you the stories behind the faces that you see every day in our community. Everyone has a story,…

“Peanut Man” business to keep going

“Peanut Man” business to keep going

With the death of local legend Wendell F. Benton, his family is vowing to carry on his tradition and business of selling his popular boiled Benton’s Peanuts. Benton, known to…

Walterboro Civitans Club

Walterboro Civitans Club

On November 10th, members of the Walterboro Civitan Club heard from Dr. Franklin Foster, Interim Superintendent of Colleton County School District and Mrs. Kim Bryant, Coordinator of Special Services for…

I am your Colletonian….and I am thankful

I am your Colletonian….and I am thankful

Lillie R. Stokes has been a lifelong resident of Smoaks, South Carolina. As a child she and her eleven siblings were raised on the family farm. They were sharecroppers who…

Gruber’s Crossroads, A family history

Gruber’s Crossroads, A family history

At the intersection of Augusta Hwy and Sidney’s Road sits a little store known as Gruber’s Grocery. For those that grew up in that community, it holds many precious memories…

Operation Christmas Child boxes collected, counted

Operation Christmas Child boxes collected, counted

Colleton County residents once again showed an outpouring of Christmas spirit this year with the donation of 1,598 boxes, given toward the Operation Christmas Child project. Part of an international…

FoCCAS Milkbone Holiday Fundraiser

FoCCAS Milkbone Holiday Fundraiser

Deni Caulder is an animal lover, who just so happens, to have great taste in all things that sparkle, shine, and glitter. Caulder, who owns and manages Treasure Chest, a…