Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 220)

Smoaks woman still fighting for one more birthday

Smoaks woman still fighting for one more birthday

Debra Brown’s resilience is something she hopes will inspire other women. Debra was first diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer in July. It was only discovered after she was attacked…

Have you had your Preventive Health Screenings?

Have you had your Preventive Health Screenings?

When was the last time you had a physical or health exam? If you have to think about the answer to this question then it may be time to schedule…

Benign Breast Disease

Benign Breast Disease

During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, much of the focus is on breast cancer. Most breast lumps, however, are not cancerous. The majority of palpable lesions in the breast (lesions that…

Local couple offers home to cyclists

Local couple offers home to cyclists

A Walterboro cycling couple is breaking local ground by opening their door to strangers needing a warm place to shower, lay their head or even have a hot meal. The…

Colleton Prep Academy takes fourth grade to Wood Magic Forest Fair

Colleton Prep Academy takes fourth grade to Wood Magic Forest Fair

Fourth graders from Colleton Prep Academy traveled with their science teacher Nicole Cain for a fun-filled day at the Wood Magic Forest Fair held at the Harbison State Forest in…

My joy is down

My joy is down

Too often we blame someone when we have misplaced something. We could have misplaced the remote control and we blame the loss on a mysterious thief who must have broken…

I just want to be happy

I just want to be happy

I hear so many people tell me this from time to time. “I just want to be happy.” Unfortunately, it usually accompanies them wanting to use this statement to justify…

A babysitter’s nightmare

A babysitter’s nightmare

Editor’s Note: “The Colletonian” is beginning an October series about local ghost stories that have yet to be told. If you would like to be considered for participation in this…

I am your Colletonian

I am your Colletonian

Editors note: This is a weekly series in which we will bring you the stories behind the faces that you see every day in our community. Everyone has a story,…

Say “YES” to one-cent sales tax referendum

Say “YES” to one-cent sales tax referendum

We should not allow our frustration to say “No” to everything on the upcoming Nov. 4th general election ballot. Colleton County voters are soon facing a lot of tough decisions.…