Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 219)

My best days yet

My best days yet

The New Year offers us the chance to wipe the slate clean and start over again. It is a time to look ahead with a great sense of anticipation for…

A life defining question

A life defining question

Twas the night before Christmas and all through my house. Not a creature was stirring except for this preacher’s wife’s spouse. He was working late into the night as he…

The meaning of Black-eyed peas for the new year

The meaning of Black-eyed peas for the new year

New Year’s Day has the most important meal of the entire year for Southerners. Deeply rooted in tradition, superstition, and hope for the future, we have definite must-have dishes which…

Stealth Santa strikes again

Stealth Santa strikes again

Thanks to local donations, Stealth Santa was able to strike again. On Tuesday morning, Walterboro Chief of Police Wade Marvin and Colleton County Sheriff Andy Strickland were notified they had…

I am your Colletonian….Santa Claus

I am your Colletonian….Santa Claus

This week’s Colletonian is someone that we all feel like we know, but, honestly, how many of us know where he came from? Every Christmas Eve millions of people are…

The War Hawk Tooth Fairy lives in first grade

The War Hawk Tooth Fairy lives in first grade

Kathy Houck has been teaching 1st grade at Colleton Prep for 16 years. Patient, encouraging, and enthusiastic, Houck is known for teaching her young charges how to read and for…

Celebrating life during the holidays

Celebrating life during the holidays

During the holidays we celebrate many things. I had the honor of spending the day at the Green Pond Senior Site and talk with some very inspirational seniors. They were…

Walterboro Rotary donates Christmas gifts- IN PHOTOS

Walterboro Rotary donates Christmas gifts- IN PHOTOS

Walterboro Rotary donated Christmas toys to local needy children. Tuesday, December 16, 2014, Walterboro Rotary in partnership with Angel Tree donated school uniforms and toys to children at Forrest Hills…

MLK group to honor local citizens

The Community Action Line Against Violence (CALAV) in Walterboro has received the prestigious “Above and Beyond Award” as part of the upcoming and annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Banquet in…

Local group dips into pockets for kids’ Christmas

Local group dips into pockets for kids’ Christmas

Several members of Community Action Line Against Violence worked hard to hand out presents to children Saturday morning at the Colleton Memorial Library. The CALAV is a non-profit group in…