Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 218)

Safe Kids Lowcountry replaces 25 car seats

Safe Kids Lowcountry replaces 25 car seats

The frigid temperatures did not keep folks from attending the latest Car Seat Check Up held by Safe Kids Lowcountry this past Saturday at St. Anthony’s Catholic Church. From 10…

Elks Lodge holds local Hoop Shoot

Elks Lodge holds local Hoop Shoot

By Christie Slocum The Walterboro Elks Lodge #1988 held its annual Hoop Shoot competition at the Ace Basin Rec Center Gym on Saturday, January 10, 2014. The event is an…

Putting more history into place

Finding your own story in Colleton County’s extensive history or just browsing the county’s historical records is about to become a little bit easier. As part of its plan for…

I am your Colletonian

I am your Colletonian

At one time or another each one of us has had a reason to visit the hospital. Most of the time we are unsure of where we need to go…

Rethinking the season of giving season

Rethinking the season of giving season

The Thanksgiving to Christmas season really brings out the best in people, but it can also lead you astray. Hopefully this past holiday season you spent time volunteering, dropped toys…

Locals support an act of faith and love for a North Carolina man

Locals support an act of faith and love for a North Carolina man

A popular gospel singer who visits Colleton County churches is now fighting for his own life, and several local people are reaching out to help him. Don Herbert is a…

WWII veteran laid to rest

WWII veteran laid to rest

A well-known and loved female veteran was laid to rest on Tuesday morning amid a stream of American flags and honor guard salutes. Audrey J. Bipond Bailey, 90, died Friday…

I am your Colletonian

I am your Colletonian

The University of South Carolina Salkehatchie has brought many wonderful people to our area over the past fifty years since opening its first campus in Allendale. Fourteen years after holding…

“Milkbone” Holiday Fundraiser earns $1850 for FoCCAS

“Milkbone” Holiday Fundraiser earns $1850 for FoCCAS

The “Milkbone” fundraiser, sponsored by Deni Caulder of Treasure Chest, raised $1850 for Friends of Colleton County Animal Shelter (FoCCAS).  Caulder, who placed multiple orders for the high demand 24K…

New Year’s celebration safety tips

New Year’s celebration safety tips

Celebrating New Year’s should be filled with joy, peace of mind and for some a little excitement. It’s the time of year everyone makes their New Year’s resolutions and sets…