Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 217)

How much weight have you lost so far???

How much weight have you lost so far???

January is almost over. Have you stuck to your Weight Loss Plan? Do you even have a Plan? For those of you who made a New Years resolution to lose…

Walterboro’s Ms. Willie leading effort to boost shelter

Walterboro’s Ms. Willie leading effort to boost shelter

Walterboro’s Safe Haven homeless shelter depends on a lot of people to help it run: the county gives it a building, the state gives its funding and volunteers help to…

I am your Colletonian

I am your Colletonian

Colleton County has been blessed to have so many residents of high character who truly love where they live. This week’s Colletonian is no exception. Stephanie Taylor is proud to…

Horace Simmons receives Martin Luther King Jr. Picture Award

Horace Simmons receives Martin Luther King Jr. Picture Award

On Wednesday, January14, 2015, Representative Wendell Gilliard of District 111, members of Charleston City Council and Community Leaders presented Mr. Horace Simmons, a Walterboro community leader, with one of the…

Illustrate-a-book program comes to an end

Jack’s Beanstalk Medley illustrated by 15 Colleton youths 10th and Final IAB project at the library By Shiela M. Keaise Miss Shiela’s brainchild has come to maturity, and with the…

Doctor’s Creek – IN PHOTO

Doctor’s Creek – IN PHOTO

Doctor’s Creek Baptist Church volunteers pick up trash for the Adopt-A-Highway Program on January 17. Photo by Jeff Dennis  …

Boost your metabolism to drop the weight quicker

Boost your metabolism to drop the weight quicker

Boosting your metabolism will help you lose weight at a higher rate even when you are resting. When you boost your metabolism it basically means you boost your body’s rate…

I am your Colletonian

I am your Colletonian

If you have ever ordered a pizza from Domino’s, you have probably had the pleasure of seeing, and maybe meeting, this week’s Colletonian. An overwhelming number of suggestions have poured…

How to keep your kids healthy during this nasty flu and bug season

It’s that time of year when the cold weather can wreak havoc with your child’s immune system. A healthy diet filled with powerhouse foods such as vegetables, fruits, lean meats…

Safe Kids Lowcountry replaces 25 car seats

Safe Kids Lowcountry replaces 25 car seats

The frigid temperatures did not keep folks from attending the latest Car Seat Check Up held by Safe Kids Lowcountry this past Saturday at St. Anthony’s Catholic Church. From 10…