Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 207)

Lt. Gov. Candidate Campbell comes to Colleton

Lt. Gov. Candidate Campbell comes to Colleton

One of the four candidates running in the upcoming South Carolina Lt. Governor’s race came to Colleton County on Friday, showcasing his unique approach for the public-service position. Riding in…

CCHAPS Annual Preservation Awards

CCHAPS Annual Preservation Awards

The Colleton County Historical and Preservation Society’s 2014 Preservation Awards were held on Thursday, May 8 at the Witsell-Esdorn house on Webb Street.  This annual reorganization highlights the good work…

E.L.V.I.S. makes appearance at EMS Week

E.L.V.I.S. makes appearance at EMS Week

By Lauren Mckinnon   Colleton Medical Center hosted its annual EMS Appreciation Week Luncheon for Colleton County’s Fire-Rescue on Wednesday, May 21. “It’s our way of saying thank you,” said…

An Eagle in High Flight

An Eagle in High Flight

By Anna Stevens Bright In these timely and fitting words by John Gillespie Magee, Jr., Lt. Colonel (USAF Retired) Hiram Eugene Mann, a Documented Original Tuskegee Airman, took his “ultimate”…

Grillin’ and Chillin’ to serve up celebrity chef’s recipes

Grillin’ and Chillin’ to serve up celebrity chef’s recipes

By  Christie Slocum   A local trio recently expanded their barbecuing knowledge with a trip to Unadilla, Georgia.  Jack Jones and his son Heath, owners of Grillin and Chillin,…

Colleton County Memorial Library Community Garden

Colleton County Memorial Library Community Garden

The Children’s Department is pleased to announce the start of our Community Garden. With the help of a community grant awarded by Melissa Buckner, Director of Eat Smart, Move More,…

Martinis and Me brings in $3,000 for the Colleton County Arts Council

Martinis and Me brings in $3,000 for the Colleton County Arts Council

By Christie Slocum The Colleton Museum and Farmers Market was alive with fashion and fun Thursday night.  Martinis and Me is a women’s only  annual fundraiser for the Colleton…

Ft. Hood Shooting Survivor Speaks in Walterboro on Memorial Day

Ft. Hood Shooting Survivor Speaks in Walterboro on Memorial Day

By Lauren Mckinnon SSGT Alonzo Lunsford was the keynote speaker at the Memorial Day program, Monday, May 26, in Walterboro, where he told the story of the shooting that occurred…

Locals hail auto hobbyst a hero- Fred Bell retires

Locals hail auto hobbyst a hero- Fred Bell retires

By Dan Larrabee A major attraction at the Pinewood Derby Car Show in Walterboro, May 3, was a head turning and tire smoking top alcohol dragster being exhibited by Doug…

Botany Bay volunteers receive new tools

Botany Bay volunteers receive new tools

Botany Bay volunteers are so excited to get the tools out and use them in our volunteer community garden and to maintain the 3,363 acre Botany Bay Plantation Wildlife…