Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 207)

South Carolina’s Gov. Nikki Haley assesses damage

South Carolina’s Gov. Nikki Haley assesses damage

South Carolina’s Gov. Nikki Haley spoke to a crowd of reporters and Lowcountry leaders today outside of Colleton Middle School, an area now officially designated as a shelter for those…

Thawing Out

Thawing Out

Colleton County is still reeling from last week’s heavy ice storm, now prompting the question: were Colleton residents ready for what came? While the storm – being called Pax –…

CCAC expands classes to offer dance

CCAC expands classes to offer dance

By Christie Slocum The Colleton County Arts Council is now expanding their classes to include dance. E’lisha Simmons is the owner and principal dance instructor of One Step At A…

The Boops: A Love Story

The Boops: A Love Story

By Lauren Mckinnon   As World War II ended, the troops made their way back home to The States and back to their assigned bases. Many of them would spend…

What I Know: Knowledge is Free at the Library

What I Know: Knowledge is Free at the Library

By Carollyn Lee Peerman  Why do I love libraries so much? Maybe it is because I think of the librarian as my best friend. The librarian helps me in so…

Good Morning Colletonians! Ice, Ice, Ice

Good Morning Colletonians! Ice, Ice, Ice

Good Morning Colletonians!

Good Morning Colletonians!

A Day in the Life of a Colleton County Sheriff’s Deputy

A Day in the Life of a Colleton County Sheriff’s Deputy

By Lauren Mckinnon The clock reads 10:37 a.m. and the rural roads of Cottageville have been quiet for what seems like an eternity. Deputy George Rioux, 28, patrols Augusta Hwy…

Author Father Jeffrey Kendall discusses “New Heavens, New Earth”

Author Father Jeffrey Kendall discusses “New Heavens, New Earth”

By Lauren Mckinnon Father Jeffrey Kendall was inspired to write his newly published book “New Heavens, New Earth” when he made a mistake. He was given some incorrect information about…

Getting to know Edisto: Historic Churches of the Island

Getting to know Edisto: Historic Churches of the Island

By Lauren Mckinnon There are four historic churches nestled in the curves of rural Highway 174, Edisto Island National Scenic Byway. Each is rooted deeply in the rich histories…