Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 186)

My joy is down

My joy is down

Too often we blame someone when we have misplaced something. We could have misplaced the remote control and we blame the loss on a mysterious thief who must have broken…

I just want to be happy

I just want to be happy

I hear so many people tell me this from time to time. “I just want to be happy.” Unfortunately, it usually accompanies them wanting to use this statement to justify…

A babysitter’s nightmare

A babysitter’s nightmare

Editor’s Note: “The Colletonian” is beginning an October series about local ghost stories that have yet to be told. If you would like to be considered for participation in this…

I am your Colletonian

I am your Colletonian

Editors note: This is a weekly series in which we will bring you the stories behind the faces that you see every day in our community. Everyone has a story,…

Say “YES” to one-cent sales tax referendum

Say “YES” to one-cent sales tax referendum

We should not allow our frustration to say “No” to everything on the upcoming Nov. 4th general election ballot. Colleton County voters are soon facing a lot of tough decisions.…

Two different referendums, one big question

Two different referendums, one big question

The questions are coming in: what is the difference between the Colleton County School District referendum on the upcoming Nov. 4th general election ballot and the additional one-cent countywide sales…

MUSC program offers breast reconstruction for survivors

MUSC program offers breast reconstruction for survivors

Having a breast removed as a result of breast cancer is no longer the end of the road for healing. For many patients, it’s the start of breast reconstruction, a…

Find yourself a workout buddy or partner

Find yourself a workout buddy or partner

When it comes to working out you don’t have to do it alone. For many of us, the primary reason we do not workout is because we are not motivated.…

Breast Cancer awareness month

Breast Cancer awareness month

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Over the course of October, I will be sharing tips on establishing your own EDP (Early Detection Plan), signs and symptoms of breast cancer,…

Polished Pretty: Local seniors get manicures by area cosmetic students

Polished Pretty: Local seniors get manicures by area cosmetic students

A group of cosmetology students are making some of the county’s seniors feel a little better about themselves, all with some tender, love and care and bright red nail polish.…