Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 186)

Praying for a miracle while fighting for her life

Praying for a miracle while fighting for her life

Shanean Glaze is a thirty-four-year old mother of two. In most of our minds she is way too young to be fighting the battle of breast cancer, but that is…

Changing your atmosphere

Changing your atmosphere

Bethel United Methodist Church in the Johnsville community came together Monday, July 21, 2014 at their new location to make history with a steeple ceremony. According to James Bryant, the…

The music will keep going

The music will keep going

In honor of former Colleton County High School student Kermit Trevor Hudson, school officials from his alma mater are offering a music fund. The fund will turn into a music…

North Walterboro Baptist Church Pastor Retiring after 20 years of service

North Walterboro Baptist Church Pastor Retiring after 20 years of service

Pastor Curtis Petit answered god’s call to North Walterboro Baptist Church in July 1994. Under the leadership of the Holy Spirit and pastor Pettit the church has built a new…

Make the most of your time left

Make the most of your time left

By Jordan Slocum This summer has really flown by. It has gone by so fast I was not even sure where it went. There was so much fun stuff going…

Local leaders help kids swim new waves

Local leaders help kids swim new waves

By School Resource Officer CPL Wiggins The swim camp was originally sponsored by the Colleton County Sheriff’s Office, and was to be held at South Carolina State University in Orangeburg.…

Compost pile produces sweet surprise

Compost pile produces sweet surprise

If you have ever wondered what a square watermelon would look like, I might have found your answer or at least I might have gotten close. Ronella Winchester and Urell…

Come get fired with the master

Come get fired with the master

Colleton County Arts Council has had a full schedule of summer classes available for kids of all ages. One of the most popular classes has been taught by Erik Lindstrom,…

Cool down and save money by freezing your own refreshments

Cool down and save money by freezing your own refreshments

By Jordan Slocum The days keep getting hotter and hotter, and I really like to cool down with frozen treats. My mom and I decided to look up some ways…

Kids Korner: Get Your Cheer On

Kids Korner: Get Your Cheer On

By Jordan Slocum This past week my school, Colleton Prep Academy, held summer cheerleading camp. The squads who participated were the “Wee-Hawks” and the Elementary cheerleaders. Wee-Hawks are K-4 thru…